Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sweet Sunshine

I am lovin' the sunshine! It makes me want to smile!!!! Know what else makes me smile? Why every Wednesday when we get to show off our new sketch here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. We are re-visiting an oldie but goodie and have a wonderful sponsor this week to tell you about...

We are thrilled to have with us Deidre Mosher Designs, formerly Shirley's 2 Girls. Deidre is offering a $10 gift certificate to our grand prize winner.

Allow me to introduce you to Deidre, and here's a little bit about her:
"I have been in the business of art for over 25+ years. Starting out as a fashion illustrator, moving into Art Direction, where I did everything from print to TV...and eventually I found my way back to illustration. My art is just plain fun and my love of color is clearly evident in the designs I create. I'm currently licensed with a variety of companies...my designs are used on craft products, greeting cards/paper products, kitchenware, business products and such.
I am first and foremost an...Illustrator and Designer. I am inspired by seriously sassy & bold colors, but also love the 'wow factor' of classic black and white designs. I'm crazy for stripes and dots, and they are a repeated theme in my work.
As an Illustrator, I work in many mediums and styles, ranging from the line art to pastels...having fun adapting them to the latest project. I am inspired by some my favorite artists ...Matisse's use of bold color, Klimt's knowledge of figures and lavish attention to detail, and Gauguin's wild approach to his subjects. They are all so 'awe inspiring'! I'm happiest when I am in my studio and starting a new project...making a mess, experimenting...and even throwing paint.
Any day in the studio is a great day!

I usually get an idea when I least expect it...so when the 'light bulb' goes off...I sketch and sketch and sketch...(hence the reason I buy tracing paper in bulk). I always begin with a pencil and paper, and it evolves from there. My favorite part of the process?? EVERYTHING...from beginning to end.
"

Now that you know what's coming up for this week, let me list our winner and Top 3 from last week.


 Such wonderful creations, it was not an easy decision.

Our Grand Prize Winner of a $10 gift certificate from Stamp Fairy is...

Please contact Arlana at sweetberrydesigns@hotmail.com 
to claim your prize and be sure to grab your winner's badge 
from the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog.
And the Top Three are... 
1. #6  LOUSIE G.

2. #28 SANDY STAMPIN SCENE

3. 27 SANDY BEACHES
Don't forget to grab your Top Three badge from the side bar.
Congratulations to all our winners!

Now on to the rest of the show. Our DT has created some wonderful inspiration with Deidre's images, so sit back and enjoy!!








Oh how these cards make me smile!! 

Here are the rules to play along in the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge. Please read them carefully as they must be followed to be considered for the grand prize.

1. Create a card using the sketch of the week. You may
use any stamp or element you have to create your card,
 however, if you have any Deidre Mosher Designs images, we'd 
love to see what you can do with them.

2. If you are posting to an online gallery, please use Sweet Sketch Wednesday #153-96 as your tag.

3. Add the sketch of the week to your blog post and include a link back to Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

4. Post your card on your blog along with the link to SSW.
5. Sign in to Inlinkz and add a direct link back to your card.
6. Be sure to leave a comment here on this site and please remember that this is one of the rules to be considered for the Grand Prize. 





Just a Reminder our SweetPursenality Party is still going on for another week. I am giving away a prize.

You will win this Card Making Kit

Ways to win:

3 tickets when you become a follower of Sweet Pursenality BLOG
leave me a comment and place an order atSweetPursenality SHOP.

2 tickets for referring a friend and she places and order. 
3 tickets for ordering a bundle
5 tickets for booking a catalog party

7 tickets for becoming a Miche Representative
Just email Sweetpursenality@hotmail.com with any of the completed steps and I will check it out and announce the Winner on Sweet Sketch Wednesday Blog on May 16Th.

Just in time for Mother Day!!!
Makes a great Mother Day Gift.
So why not bug on over and Check out Sweetpursenality .


Have a fantastic week and we can't wait to see your beautiful creations!

Linda and
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. I just love all the fun cards this week. Great job ladies. Congrats to the winner and the top 3. Have a wonderful week.
    Heide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, thanks so much for picking me as a top 3!!! I was so excited when I read the blog entry I squealed like a fangirl! Congrats to all the other top 3 and winner.= :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning everyone! What fun creations this week. Congratulations to our winners this past week. And, thanks so much for sponsoring us Deidre. Thank you Linda for putting together the post.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoooeeee!! I too was doing the dance when I was chosen in this weeks Top 3:)Sending through CONGRATs also to the this weeks winner and other Top 3!! Looking forward to popping in to play along again this week:) Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello SSW DT and Followers! I so loved working with my image this week from Deidre Mosher Designs. So happy to have her images back on the internet. Thanks, Deidre, for sponsoring us this week. And thanks, Jeannie, for getting me reconnected with Deidre! I hope all of you will take some time to enjoy all of Deidre's fun images. Have a great week creating something exciting!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good afternoon everyone wow what a fun image to work with this week. Those legs remind me of my sister-in laws as she is French. Thanks so much Deidre for sponsoring us it was fun working with your image. Congratulations to our winner and our top 3 cards awesome work girls. Arlana it was great revisiting and oldie sketch. Linda thanks for the great posting. Take care everyone have fun crafting and I'm looking forward to seeing your creations this coming week.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone!!! its 11:16 pm here. Been a busy day making 40 baby invited and were still not done. It was so fun working with my image this week from Deidre Mosher Designs. A big thanks to Deidre, for sponsoring us this week. And thanks, Linda, for such a sweet post. To my design Team your the best. Can't wait to see your creations. Happy crafting!! Have a sweet week. Hugs Arlana

    ReplyDelete
  8. great sketch, i really enjoyed using it :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning everyone!
    Great sketch and fun creations!!

    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    Hugs,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful samples by the DT and great sketch! :-).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for picking my card in the Top3. Great sketch again and some fab work from the DT.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello All, What a great sketch! I am so glad that I have been able to find the time the last few weeks to make cards and join in on the fun. I do need to say thanks for picking me for top three a couple of weeks ago. I apologize for neglecting to do so! Arlana, I am loving this sketch and I love all the cards from the DT!
    Erika O

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous dt work as always and loved the sketch
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for another great sketch. They always challenge me, but that's a good thing. I checked out your purses. They are awesome. If only I had unlimited money . . . ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the great sketch and DT inspiration and for popping in to my blog and leaving such lovely comments:)I just love popping in to play along!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for yet another awesome sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've joined again! I can't seem to get enough of Arlana's wonderful sketches! Great job again DT!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. what fab images. I have never seen them before but they are really good. perfect for so many people I know and the cards the DT have made with them are great. Bet you all had fun making those cards. Thanks as always for the time you all spend commenting on my blog. best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello DT's great cards and thanks for the inspiration!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for another fab sketch, I really enjoyed using this one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely sketch!! Thank you!! The cards are beautiful!!
    groetjes Tinie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those images are so sweet!!! Thanks for another great sketch! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for the great sketch.... it was fun playing with it!!!
    The DT cards are really gorgeous TFS
    xxAngela

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the great sketch! Fantastic samples from the DT! I managed to make it in under the wire!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hmmm... looks like I missed the cutoff. Darn :) Here is my card. I hope you like it.
    http://ctmhcreations.blogspot.com/2012/05/wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete